Thanks to author ninja Alex Cavanaugh for his brainchild:
I want to hear your experiences with writing series. Love ’em? Hate ’em?
I have written one stand-alone New Adult sports romance and one romantic suspense trilogy. I’m considering turning my upcoming NA volleyball romance Blocked into a series.
So I have some writerly questions for you, in my deliberations. Feel free to answer none, one, or more!
1. Do you prefer to read stand-alone novels or series? Why?
2. Have you ever written a series (or plan to write one)? If so, when in the process did you realize you wanted to write a series?
3. If you like series, do you prefer the same characters as protagonists or new main characters featuring “spin-offs” in subsequent novels?
4. How do you decide to write a stand-alone or a series?
5. How many books are ideal for a series? When does a series get too long for you?
THANK YOU! Write on, my friends.